10 Great Reasons We Use Dating Sites
Dating has always been done in a variety of ways I mean that is part of what gives each of us our swagger (or not so much). Some people are so smooth that as soon as they step foot in a room the whole place goes crazy as if everyone was waiting for them to let the fun begin. The problem is that all of us are a bit like that on the inside. We have a ton to offer the right person but due to being shy or several other factors we just never get around or muster up the strength to “make our move.” Online dating sites afford us the opportunity to be a bit more anonymous and to not worry about having to run into that person every day in the elevator, or on the way to work, etc. We can open up and let people see the great person inside before being too judgmental on the outside (not that we aren’t all super hot and sexy in our own ways). Some of us also live a relatively sheltered life and just aren’t aware of all the amazing options and types of people that are roaming around this world with us. With online dating services you get the opportunity to really take in the breadth of humanity in a way that just isn’t feasible working our way through the crowds one at a time. There are so many great reasons to give online dating a try that it’s almost easier to just look at it as why not? What do you really have to lose? Just in case you still aren’t convinced here are 10 great reasons we use dating sites:
- Match-making on a higher level. Our own matchmaking capabilities are severely limited by our eyes. Our natural instinct is to look at how hot a person is or is not when deciding whether or not they are a “match” for us. With most dating websites they actually apply some science (most of which is way over our heads) to help people find someone that they could actually deal with for days, months, or years. Why wouldn’t you let them filter out the riff raff and THEN apply your eyeball filter, that seems like a much better process doesn’t it?
- Singles find you. Online dating sites give you the opportunity to create a really cool and telling profile about yourself that effectively advertises the real you. This gets people excited as they search through the profiles looking for traits that you have and results in them actually reaching out to you (as if you were that person they had searched their whole life to find). It’s a cool feeling for sure.
- Avoiding rejection. When you utilize dating websites, you don’t have to develop some horrific pickup lines in order to avoid the inevitable rejection that you know is likely to be coming your way when you approach that hottie sitting at the bar. Meeting online, the worst case scenario is that they just don’t respond to you and you move on. No big deal right?
- Getting to know someone before you meet. How many times have you gone on a blind date only to find yourself uncomfortable and unaware of what to expect from the other person (uh… that’s basically the definition of a blind date so what did you expect???). In some cases this can even be a little scary if you aren’t sure who you are really with. With dating websites, you are able to get to know a lot more about the other person before taking it to the in-person level.
- Finding out if someone is really interested. Meeting people offline in the old school dating process can be a bit difficult mostly because you never know if the other person is interested in you for you or your image (your hotness). With dating websites, you are able to feel more confident that others are interested in you as a person and not just what they see or who you hang out with.
- Less expensive risk. When it comes to dating, you can shell out a ton of dough going on random dates sometimes with winners but you have to go through a lot of losers too. If you take that money that you are willing to gamble with in offline dating, you can quickly justify the expense of dating websites.
- Broader range of people. With online dating, you are getting access to singles all over your neighborhood, as well as the surrounding areas, or maybe even around the world, who knows? The point is there isn’t an arbitrary limit giving you access to tons of people that you could never dream of meeting offline.
- No commitment dating. When you date in person, it’s a lot more difficult to bail on a date if you get a better opportunity and/or you just decide you can’t stand being around that person another second. When you start by dating them online you can quickly just block off all communication with them if you decide they are a psycho and/or just not for you.
- Confidentiality is a plus. Although you are giving out some personal information about yourself, you don’t have to risk giving out details that could lead to additional problems like your home phone number or address. If you stick to exclusively using the dating website for communications and their private chats, emails, video chats, and more… The person can’t reach you any other way giving you the ultimate decision on when (if ever) they get additional contact info.
- Dating on your schedule. With work, school, and other obligations jamming up your schedule it’s really hard to find the time to even take a chance on a date. Another cool thing about dating websites is that you can hop online whenever you have a few spare minutes to chat and look to see who else might be available and interesting to you. So if the only time you have is at 6AM in the morning, well rise and shine sunshine your dates are waiting to start your day off right.
The bottom line is that dating online is a more convenient and safer method of dating in today’s world, giving you a a ton of help when you need it the most. Even the most successful and good-looking people need a little help when it comes to dating sometimes and there are several dating websites that can truly make a difference in your life. We do recommend that you try two or three to find the dating community that best suits you and your interests.