Christian Dating Sites | Christian Dating Services | Christian Dating Websites
Dating sites today are a vastly popular means of meeting other singles in order to create connections that may or may not last. These sites can range in age and interest, with Christian dating sites populating the dating scene online in a great way.
|Site (Click Here)||Dating Site Background and Review||Rating|
|BigChurch.com If your religion is very important to you and/or finding someone that shares your same beliefs is vital then you will simply love BigChurch. It is an open congregation/communitythat centers around belief systems. When you join this you can be certain that you have at least one thing in common with others in the community and that can make all the difference in the World. This is a truly unique online dating site that has had amazing results that you'll have to visit to fully appreciate and understand how and why it works.||★★★|
These sites are used by Christian faith singles that are looking for others that follow the same faith. These sites are a bit different than other dating sites online, due to the nature of the singles utilizing the sites. These sites have several differences than other dating sites, which make them more desirable and appropriate to Christian singles all over the world. In fact, there are 10 things that make Christian dating sites different.
- Many Christian sites are used in anticipation of marriage. Most Christian dating sites are geared towards connecting marriages, as the religion is more towards clean relationships on a life-long level. Dating in the Christian world is different and usually aimed towards finding the one to spend life with.
- Geared towards Christian singles. One of the most typical and obvious differences about Christian dating sites is the fact that they are geared towards the Christian singles within the community. There are those that are looking outside the faith, while there are those outside the faith perhaps looking for someone within the faith due to preference, which makes this a convenient place to find them.
- Promotion of sexual abstinence. Those who visit Christian dating websites typically are within the Christian faith and reserve abstinence due to their religious following. For this reason, many of the singles on the site aren’t going to be interested in sexual activity or chatting, with the site itself promoting abstinence until marriage.
- Church activities for dating. Many dating sites today work with singles, setting up dates between these singles through member events that the singles can participate in. Christian dating sites typically stick to church like activities when setting up singles events, which is much different than any other dating site online.
- Offering advice on Christian living. Many Christian sites are unique in that they offer advice on living the Christian life. Instead of offering sexual or dating advice that can be crude and offensive, the advice will maintain a high degree of religious following, from dating as a Christian to maintaining a marriage after successful connections are made.
- Not X-Rated. Many dating sites today are filled with images and content that is less than acceptable, with much of it being X-rated to say the least, however, Christian dating sites will remain more within the PG-13 section of dating. Many Christian sites are even known to offer teen dating, with a much cleaner and more appropriate nature.
- Bible study and resources not uncommon. Dating sites of today many times will offer great resources for singles, but not many are intended for those under the age of 18. Christian dating websites can many times offer great bible study groups and resources for Christian singles, allowing you to delve into the topics of today’s Christian dating life.
- Typically avoid same sex relationships. A lot of today’s singles sites will offer the option of “both” in sexual preference, with many sites even allowing connections of same sex singles. When you encounter Christian singles sites, however, this is not found, as they typically don’t promote that type of lifestyle.
- Broader reach chatting and conversation. With Christian dating sites, you will find that the chats and conversations can even include more than just two people, with a group of singles finding their way through the site together, which is a great deal different from typical dating sites.
- Forbid sexual content. Pictures without clothes, nasty images, and content that is offensive is not allowed on Christian singles sites, with membership lost or discontinued due to this type of activity. These sites are a much cleaner option for finding love online and generally refrain from sexual content of any kind.
Christian dating sites are evolving through the internet and attracting many faithful followers who are looking for love in the most open place. The internet dating scene doesn’t have to be vulgar or exploratory amongst different types of relationships, with a more conservative approach to finding love. What makes these sites the most different is that they are for finding lasting relationships, instead of just one-night stands or sexual escapades, as the religion looks against these practices. Taking advantage of the opportunities for Christian singles today is a great way to get connected to others who feel your faith, and those who are interested in being with a Christian, and perhaps even joining the faith themselves.
10 Reasons People Join Christian Dating Sites
In the search for the perfect mate, Christians often have a tough time finding others who hold their same beliefs and values. Here are 10 reasons for you to join a Christian dating site in your hunt for Mr. or Miss Right.
- Same beliefs. Christian sites provide opportunities to meet people who have a strong Christian faith and hopefully someone who holds the same beliefs and values you do.
- It is a great option to meet single Christians who are your age. If you are attending a small church, live in a small community, etc…using a Christian dating site gives you a much larger group of people with whom to connect. Some sites even base their cost on the size of your community or search area.
- It is a safe way to meet people online. Most Christian sites provide “blocking functions” so that you can remain as anonymous as you like. You have the ability to block all contact with any person you choose.
- Christian sites focus more on personality, values and priorities. If you are looking for someone who can become a life-long friend and companion, it is important to focus on substance. Look for a person’s character qualities, which you admire. Be aware of red flags, which point out qualities and values that do not fit your lifestyle. Don’t settle for something less.
- Offensive sites are not advertised. On Christian dating sites you should not be bothered with distasteful ads. Be careful, and choose your sites wisely. There are sites, claiming to be Christian, but in fact are actually owned by companies that are not Christian based. Be aware of indications that may point to this as you answer questions.
- Christian dating sites feel less sleazy than other dating sites. Secular sites can make you feel like you are shopping superficially for a mate. You may feel as if you are walking through a grocery store picking out produce, based on looks…not content.
- You want to marry a Christian. Christian sites take their users through lists of questions and choices, which are focused on a person’s character and faith. Even though everyone on a Christian site jumps through the same hoops regarding faith…someone may slip through the cracks. You still need to ask those specific questions yourself. If you are too “chicken” to take responsibility for your online dating choices, by asking the questions yourself…hire a private investigator. He or she will happily (for a fee) hide in the bushes watching your potential mate’s every move. Remember to keep the investigator’s number for future references.
- Too shy for initial contact. If you are too nervous to be yourself when first meeting someone in person, a Christian dating site will help you get to know people prior to that first face to face meeting. In the mean time…practicing saying hello to people in the grocery line, etc is a great way to start feeling comfortable with your initial contact with people.
- Too busy to join Christian speed-dating. You don’t have to get dressed up for your first date. You will be able to carry on your first conversations via email, Skype, etc from your dining room table, couch or beanbag chair. You may confidently wear your most comfortable sweatshirt. No one will ever know.
- “I haven’t picked any winners on my own…maybe a Christian dating site can do it for me.” If you have a train-wreck list of previous girlfriends/boyfriends…it may be time for you to trust someone else’s judgment for a change. Remember when meeting these potential mates, even computers can miss those hidden red flags.
When it’s all said and done…the best advice I can honestly give you: Recognize that God has created you, which means you are a valuable individual. Don’t settle for anything less than you deserve.
10 Reasons People Quit Christian Dating Sites
In doing research for this list, I found that whether the dating site be Christian or secular many of the reasons people cancel their memberships are the same. In light of that, here are 10 reasons I found as to why people quit dating sites.
- Over two-thirds of the people on Christian sites are women. Many women have found themselves in the majority on most sites, which in turn has caused many to spend a few months searching the site before moving on to another. No men quit their memberships due to the higher percentage of women.
- A friend’s bad experience. Heaven forbid that clients would make choices based on their own experiences. I found that some decisions were based solely on a friend’s negative experience.
- Realize that more social contact was needed. Users found themselves in front of their computers for hours each day searching for new profiles, while their dishes, voicemails, laundry and mail were piling up. Upon realizing that they were experiencing very little human contact, some members quit…understanding that they could become addicted to “the search” for that perfect someone.
- Ego. People have left numerous dating sites because they felt there was no one on the site who met their high standards.
- Old flames. Many users found themselves drawn to certain and even specific character qualities and interests, while looking on the dating sites. Only to find that they had once again, reconnected with an old boyfriend or girlfriend. I guess the old statement holds true in many cases…“Old habits die hard.”
- Neglecting pets. Individuals found themselves neglecting their day-to-day duties. One of the more dangerous…neglecting their cats. Cats are notorious for holding grudges and repaying you in a variety of messy & annoying ways. Broken dishes (pushed off the counter), shredded curtains & couches (used as clawing posts), not to mention jumping onto the laptop or computer keyboard deleting any work not saved.
- Found that their “personal guard” was down due to the website’s safety features. Because clients were dealing with people they could not see, quite often they found they were more trusting than they should have been. Many believed most of what they were reading. It is to this group of people I recommend purchasing a book that will assist in the development of personal boundaries before returning to any dating site…for their own safety.
- Using their memberships to spy on old boyfriends or girlfriends. Countless individuals used these sites to spy on their former dating partners, only to become even more angry and bitter when their past love interest had found someone new and was now getting married. What a waste of their money and mental energy! While the infuriated “ex” was spending time trying to find out details, the new couple was probably planning their honeymoon in Cancun. Hopefully their next experience (on a new dating site) would be enjoyable.
- Marriage. Many people have left dating sites because they had finally found “the one.” The happiest of all reasons to leave a site is because the person now has their perfect mate. Hopefully, these couples will never again have a need for a membership with another dating site. If, by some chance, they are wrong, I’m sure the site would be happy to take their money once again.
- Dating sites are not inexpensive. After spending money for monthly, yearly, “Based on Population” and “Until Married” membership fees…many found there wasn’t much money left to spend on their potential dates. Maybe standing outside a favorite Christian concert holding a sign that reads, “Single Christian. Looking for single Christian companion” might be a cheaper way to attract attention.
Wherever you may find yourself, be it single or engaged, may you find confidence in who you are as an individual first…before looking for someone who “completes you.” You are a whole person even without a love interest. May your search be enjoyable and may you find someone who adds additional happiness to your days.