10 Reasons Women Hate Mustaches 21/03/12
Most men like to grow facial hair because they think it makes them more macho and manly. The only problem is that growing a full beard can be itchy and uncomfortable, and keeping a goatee trimmed and looking nice can be a hassle. So where’s the happy medium? Most men find it in the form of a nice mustache. What they may not realize, however, is that while they may be thrilled with their ability to grow facial hair, most women are usually not nearly as enamored with the addition of the mustache. For all the men who are thinking of growing a mustache, you may want to give that facial hair a second thought. Here are just ten of the reasons women hate mustaches.
- Hairbrush with lips – Kissing a guy with a mustache is the equivalent of kissing a hairbrush with lips. This is, needless to say, not exactly the most pleasant experience for a woman because if you’re ever so slightly off the mark you’re smooching with bristles instead of lips.
- Abrasive – Some men just don’t realize that a bristly mustache can be quite abrasive when making out with the woman in their life. No woman wants a skin rash courtesy of their man’s mustache, and if your wife or girlfriend doesn’t seem quite so amorous as before, perhaps the mustache is to blame.
- Tickles – For those that were graced with finer facial hair or a mustache that’s long enough not to be bristly any more, they face another obstacle: the upper lip hair can be quite ticklish. While this may be funny and endearing at first, it will then quickly lose its charm, especially in sensitive areas.
- Gross – Most women think mustaches are just downright gross. There’s no telling what those facial hairs have collected or when the last time was that it was thoroughly cleaned, and those thoughts of untold amounts of bacteria, or what have you, which come that close to your mouth is simply not hygienic or appealing.
- Eating – Watching a man with a mustache eat can be extremely unappetizing. Food and beverages get caught on the hair and vice versa. Do these guys have any idea how many germs get into their food from that filthy mustache? Not to mention when they lick it off it’s kind of the icing on the cake in terms of grossness. Yuck!
- Not attractive – A lot of women find mustaches unattractive, especially since there are very few men who can actually pull off looking good with a mustache. For the majority of men it’s just not a look that works for them. While they may consider it a dashing look, most women think it just looks cheesy.
- Whisker burn – Any woman who has had a relationship with a guy who has a mustache has experienced whisker burn at one time or another. This can really put a damper on a passionate moment in a hurry. There’s nothing like pain to kill the mood.
- Negative impression – A guy with a mustache looks sinister to some people, and most women are really turned off by this look. It brings back visions of 70’s porn stars and for some it has evil connotations. Many of the bad guys in movies had mustaches and that leaves a negative impression. Do you really want to leave that less than stellar impression on the women in your life?
- Not fashionable – Mustaches have been popular in the past, but right now they’re just not very fashionable. There may come a time when a popular celebrity emerges with a style of mustache, causing it to become fashionable again, but that’s just not happening right now.
- Gets out of hand – Some guys with mustaches really go overboard. They let the Fu Manchu get so long they can braid it or have a handle bar mustache complete with the waxed and curled ends. The walrus type mustache gets just plain ridiculous and men who have these usually end up spending more time on their mustaches than they do with women.
Of course there are exceptions to every rule, and there are some women out there who may like their men with mustaches, or the very least can tolerate them. Men who are in secure relationships are more likely to get away with growing a mustache than those who are trying to attract a female partner. It’s all a matter of personal taste and a self-assured man who actually looks good in a mustache could potentially pull it off. That facial hair between the nose and upper lip certainly demonstrates a man’s maleness. Good luck finding a woman who appreciates it.