10 Signs Her Parents Hate You 27/05/12
When you meet your girlfriend’s folks for the first time, it’s a good idea to look for some signals that will let you know how, or if, you’re measuring up. Some cues are fairly obvious, while others are a bit more subtle and less easy to pick up. We’re going to share with you this handy list of 10 signs that her parents hate you:
- When you arrive for dinner, there’s a For Sale sign on the front lawn and all the lights are out. The neighbors mention something about getting passport photos.
- There are suddenly new photos all over her parents’ house, of her with her old boyfriend, who’s doing 5 years for armed robbery.
- They decide that they want to get some family holiday photos together, and ask you to take all of them. Even though the neighbors are visiting … and they get in all the photos too.
- What little conversation they have with you always starts off with, “What did you say your name was again?”
- They spend half the night sharing stories, misty-eyed, about her last boyfriend. Including details of his trial, and the letters he writes from prison.
- For Christmas, they bought her a DVD of How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, and told her, “We thought of you when we saw it.”
- Your Christmas gift was a membership to Match.com and a recruiting brochure for the French Foreign Legion.
- Their ringtone for you on their mobiles is Hit The Road, Jack. Their photo for you is the Nick Nolte DUI mugshot.
- They are serving a buffet consisting of every food you told her that you’re allergic to, and the biggest plate is at your place setting.
- Your place setting, by the way, is at the kids table, with a place card that says “Visitor Pass”.